April 15, 2009

went running in the morning. I ran down to La Cascine, a really big park that starts right at the edge of Florence. I had run there before but hadn't been able to figure out how to actually get in because there's so much construction. It turns I had been on the right road last time but just hadn't gone far enough. I ran pretty far into the park and then crossed over the river to head back. There's lots of construction up that way for the new tram line, though, so I got stuck in all these fences. I had to go so far out of my way to find a way around them. And every time I went to cross a street, I would hit another fence or a huge traffic circle so I wound up making a huge crazy circle around Florence just to get back home.

went to the San Lorenzo Market and the Mercato Centrale with Nadia. The Mercato Centrale is a huge indoor food market. The downstairs is all meat, so we headed straight for the second floor, where all the fruits and wines and things like that are.

No comments:

Post a Comment