February 24, 2009

had a feast for Fat Tuesday :-). After all the Carnivale celebrations, I wanted to celebrate Mardi Gras in style, so I told my roommates that I'd make a ton of pancakes for dinner, which worked well since Tuesdays are Nadia and my day to cook anyway. Our pancake dinner quickly turned into a feast. I made the pancakes (some with chocolate chips) and Nadia made potatoes and parfaits. Pat and Jarrod joined so they brought fruit, and Hardy also came, so he brought juice and champagne. We decorated the house and made it a full-out party. (We called it the Pancakes, Potatoes, and Parfait Party). With our studio presentations due in only two days, a feast of good food was just the break we needed.

p.s. Mom, you'd be proud of my pancakes. Not every one was perfectly round, but they actually looked like pancakes instead of the usual blobs I wind up with.

2 comments:

  1. I actually never saw pancakes you made, so I didn't know that blobs were your usual M.O. sounds like a great Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that was meant to be a capital S in "sounds"!

    ReplyDelete